Last Updated: November 2022
- What Personal Information we collect
- What we do with the information we gather
- When we Disclose Personal Information
- Your choices
1. What Personal Information we collect
“Personal Information” is information that may identify an individual such as a first and last name, home or other physical address, an email address, payment information, or a phone number or other contact information.
The Personal Information we may collect depends on how you choose to use our website and services. We may collect the following information:
- First and last name, for both the purchaser and recipient of a gift,
- Contact information including mailing address, telephone number, and email address for the purchaser of a gift,
- Mailing address for the gift recipient,
- Any message a purchaser wishes to have delivered with their gift, including the occasion of the gift,
- For a purchaser, information needed to process your order, such as your payment information,
- When you begin the purchase process, we create an account that includes your recently viewed items, saved carts, account settings, orders/transaction history, payment information, and messages,
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests,
- Other information such as your communications with us, customer surveys, offers you claim, and/or other information that you choose to provide to us
The website allows you to purchase gifts and have them delivered to recipients you specify. When you provide us with the personal information of a person you wish to deliver a gift to, you must have that person’s consent, or another ability under the applicable law to do so.
2. What we do with the information we collect
We use the information we collect to allow you to purchase and send our products, to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To allow you to create and manage an account on our website.
- To allow you to place orders.
- To deliver your orders to the recipients you specify.
- For our internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To send promotional emails about our products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. This may include promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
- To send you our catalog.
- To contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
- To serve advertising on our website and other websites.
- To customize the website according to your interests.
- To manage, administer, maintain, service, collect and enforce our terms of service, or any other agreement we have with you,
- To respond to your questions or complaints.
- To investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also anonymize, aggregate or otherwise strip any personal information or other information we collect of all personally identifying characteristics and may use or share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties for any purpose we deem appropriate.
3. When we Disclose Personal Information
We may match the Personal Information we hold with the information of third parties such as a website or social media platform, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter, to better serve you with advertising we think may be of interest to you, or to prevent you from seeing our advertisements too often (“Custom Audiences”). We may also share Personal Information to serve advertising to persons we or our suppliers think may be similar to you (“Look Alike Modeling”). To opt-out of these practices, you may alter your settings on the social media platforms you use. If you withdraw your consent for us to send you email, your email address will no longer be used for custom audiences.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have in the event of bankruptcy, or if we or any part of our business merges with or acquires, or is acquired by, a third party, or if any such transaction is proposed.
We may also disclose personal information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; or (iii) to protect our rights, safety or property.
Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Cookies allow our website to respond to you by personalizing the content on the site, providing social media features, and remembering likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We advertise our products and/or services on third party websites based on your visit to our websites. For example, if you visit our website, you may see advertisements for our products and/or services on other third party sites, or on other portions of our own website. For information on how to opt-out of this, please see the end of this section.
Some of our web pages and electronic communications may contain images, which may or may not be visible to you, known as Web Beacons (sometimes referred to as “clear gifs”). Web Beacons collect information that includes a cookie number; time and date of a page view; and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. We may also carry Web Beacons placed by third party advertisers. These are used to track usage of the website and activities associated with the website.
Google Analytics and the Facebook Pixel are used on our website. Please visit these third-party sites to review their privacy policies and manage their cookies, and for information on how to opt-out of some of these practices:
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service that provides statistics and basic analytical tools for search engine optimization and marketing purposes. We use Google Analytics on our website to analyze how users use the website, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. Google Analytics may collect information such as user location as inferred from IP address, the amount of time a visitor spends on our website, which pages are more frequently accessed, how the website is accessed (either directly, a search engine, or from a link), what sort of software is used (e.g. operating system, browser type, etc.), as well as demographics. For more information on how Google Analytics collects and processes information, please visit: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. For information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- We work with Facebook and Instagram to collect data that helps us track conversions from Facebook or Instagram ads, optimize ads, build targeted audiences and remarket users. For more information on Facebook’s and Instagram’s advertising tools and your options to opt-out, please visit:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies
- Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/help/instagram/2885653514995517?locale=en_US
You can also choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
In order to help prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of personal information, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure the personal information we collect.
Even though we have taken steps to help protect the personal information in our control, you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. No security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
6. We may Transfer Personal Information to Other Countries
Personal information that we collect may be stored and processed in Canada or any other country in which we or our service providers maintain facilities, including in the United States. Personal information processed and stored in another country may be subject to disclosure or access requests by the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in that country according to its laws.
By using our site or by providing us with personal information, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
7. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites that may interest you. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
For example, our website provides links to certain social media platforms. When you click on the social media links and access such social media platform (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn), you will be redirected to that site, and your data may be collected by the respective social media company. As a website provider, we have no direct knowledge of the content of the data transmitted or how it will be used by such social media platforms. Again, Baskits has no control over such social media company websites or resources and you acknowledge and agree that Baskits is not responsible for the content or information contained therein. For more information on the privacy practices of the third-party social media platforms, please review their privacy policies:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Facebook: https://en-gb.facebook.com/policy.php;
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875;
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
8. Your Choices
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You may write to or email us using the contact information below to withdraw your consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- If you receive commercial email from us, you can also unsubscribe using the unsubscribe tool we provide in such messages.
9. Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information
You have a right to request access to your personal information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you would like to have access to the personal information we have about you, or if you would like to have it corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. In some cases, we may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons.
To help protect against fraudulent requests for access to your personal information, we may ask you for information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is you or is authorized to access your information before granting access. For example, we may require you to verify your identity before you access your personal information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the below address.
We do not intend to collect information from children who are under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, please do not provide us with any information. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child who has provided us with personal information, you may ask to review or delete this information.
11. Contact Us
• access personal information that you have already provided to us so that you can correct or update it;
• request the deletion of personal information regarding your minor child; or
• to submit a complaint,
Please advise us by contacting our Privacy Officer by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org.